21 Dec Pro Vision Exam
Do you remember the last time you went for an eye check-up? It is only when an emergency arises, we go to see a doctor and get the treatment. Regardless of your health or age, you need to go for regular vision exams for keeping the eyes healthy. The eye care specialists will recommend you to undergo a pro vision exam once a year depending on your age, physical condition and risk factors. Our eyes are changing every day like our body due to our modern lifestyle. So, it is important to have a routine pro vision exam from a professional eye specialist.
A pro vision exam is done to evaluate the vision of a patient and check if they have any kind of eye diseases. The series of tests are done not only to determine if you need glasses or contact lenses but also to check your eyes that indicate your health as a whole. A vision exam will help in detecting your eye problems at an early stage so that they can be treated effectively. It will also allow eye care specialists help you in adapting to vision changes in addition to giving you tips on eye care.
You will be evaluated by either an ophthalmologist or an optometrist, depending on your health condition. They both provide the same services like evaluating the vision, diagnosing eye disorders and treating them with drugs and prescribing lenses. However, if your eye problem is complex, you will be referred to an ophthalmologist.
What to Expect During a Pro Vision Exam?
When you go for an eye exam, you will be asked some questions, to understand your vision problems and risks involved. The eye exam will involve certain steps that are given below.
- After asking questions about your medical history, the eye care specialist will measure the visual acuity to check if you need lenses to improve the vision.
- The numbing drops will be given in your eyes and the eye pressure will be checked.
- Then the health of your eyes will be checked using different kinds of lights.
- After examining your eyes, the doctor will discuss the results with you and solve your queries.
If the children and adults have existing vision problems, they should frequently go for an eye check-up. There are various risk factors involved in vision problems. It might occur if,
- The person has an eye injury history
- The child is having delayed development
- The person has crossed eyes
- The child was born prematurely
- There is a family history of eye illness
- The person is suffering from any other chronic condition or physical illness
A comprehensive pro vision exam is vital to a healthy eye condition. After an eye exam, the doctor will discuss the results of the assessment of your eyes as well as the test reports. The exam helps you to minimize the risk of any eye disease and also to take preventive measures for protecting the eyesight. With the increasing age, the risk of eye diseases increases so it is necessary to undergo pro vision exam from time to time.